“Our conversation last week has given me renewed purpose, focus and direction.” — Yvonne S. (nurse), San Francisco, CA
“I could not have imagined how quickly I would see results from working with you!” — Artemis H. (writer), Cambridge, MA
“You picked up critical clues from our discussions and pointed me back to my positive and motivated path.” —Scott B. (programmer), Maui, HI
Every season I take on a limited number of new coaching clients. They’re typically ambitious, focused individuals who seek to do one or more of the following:
- Get more work done each day;
- Finish writing and other projects;
- Work more effectively: have more to show for their efforts;
- Reclaim the joy and attachment they previously felt toward their work; and/or
- Achieve a happier, healthier, more joyful life balance.
I help them achieve their goals more easily, and in a shorter time, than they had thought possible! I also help people:
- Find new jobs, or transition to new careers, and
- Start or grow businesses.
A couple of points about my coaching:
It’s fast! Nearly all clients see improvement after just a single session, and nearly all achieve strong, sustainable improvement after just a month of working together.
It offers a tremendous return-on-investment (ROI). If I work with you for an hour and help you gain just an extra hour of productivity per week, that’s a huge return in just the first year! But my coaching doesn’t just add an hour or two to your input: it can double or triple it, or multiply it even more. (And the rate of improvement tends to accelerate over time.)
Of course, along with higher productivity comes increased pride and joy in your work; decreased stress; a happier, healthier life; and happier and more harmonious relationships with family and friends. Please check out my coaching packages below. I coach only via telephone or Skype-audio, on a flexible schedule that allows me to work with people from around the world. All coaching is prepaid via PayPal or check, and nonrefundable; and all coaching hours are valid for up to one year after date of purchase.
Note: I offer discounted rates for qualifying full-time students, and those doing at least half-time activist work. If you think you qualify, please email me.
All new coaching clients receive a free e-copy of my book The 7 Secrets of the Prolific, which they are advised to review prior to our first talk. (If you already own the book, you can give the e-copy to someone else.)
If you’re familiar with my writing, you probably already have an idea of what kind of coach I am. I’m compassionate, yet direct, focused and precise. I aim for quick progress. I don’t beat around the bush, but tell you what I think you’re doing right (usually more than you realize), what I think you’re doing wrong (usually less), and how others may be influencing your situation. I do best with clients who like a nuts-and-bolts, plain-spoken, pragmatic problem-solving-oriented approach. If that describes you, then purchase a Needs Analysis/Action Plan package below and we’ll get started.
1. Needs Analysis/Action Plan package
All coaching begins with a four-step Needs Analysis/Action Plan package:
1) You send me a 2-3 page informal narrative outlining your situation, goals and challenges, plus your resume or c.v. if you wish, plus some additional materials I may suggest. I will thoroughly review these prior to Step #2.
2) We have a 90-minute conversation via telephone or Skype during which we discuss the issues you raise in your narrative. The focus of the conversation will be on revealing the exact nature and proper context of the challenges you face (including productivity and time management challenges), and designing solutions for them.
3) I follow up within 72 hours with a highly detailed Call Report that includes a detailed Action Plan outlining suggested next steps. 4) You have 72 hours to offer comments or corrections or clarifications on the Call Report and Action Plan, after which I will finalize them and submit the finals to you.
At that point you are free to work on the steps in the Action Plan, or sign up for more coaching (see below). Fee: $375, payable via check or PayPal.
Needs Analysis / Action Planning Process:
For those working to meet a deadline, or who want to get as productive as possible as quickly as possible, the next step is Mentorship. In mentorship, we communicate every weekday, and are thus able to deal with perfectionism, procrastination, ambivalence, etc., as they come up during your work. This is remarkably effective! Each week, you get four daily calls of up to a half-hour each, plus a long call of up to two hours during which we can comprehensively explore any relevant issues or barriers. We also stay in frequent touch by email. Mentorship is $1,150 for four weeks, which is a fantastic value compared with my $145 hourly rate. A two-week package is also available for $575. (You can start there and upgrade to the four weeks later, if you wish–although it’s useful, productivity-wise, to commit to the full four weeks.)
3. Hourly Packages
As a followup to Mentorship, or simply because this option better meets your needs, you can purchase hourly coaching at $145/hour or $675 for a discounted 5-hour block. Hours can be used at whatever intervals you choose, for up to one year after purchase.
As noted above, all coaching is prepaid via check or PayPal, and nonrefundable. Coaching hours are usable for one year after purchase. I offer discounted rates for qualifying full-time students and those doing activism at least 20 hours/week.